This Californian client had lots of great ideas to work with. She wanted a funky, folksy feel to her header incorporating the things that she loves. Gardening is one of her passions and she also is hoping to have some hens soon!
In case any of you are curious about the spelling of "pale"...here is her explanation (so clever!):
To "live beyond the pale" means to live outside of the box or live outside of the rules (sort of). It comes from Latin; Pale means "stick". The pale/stick delineated a boundary around a town or village, so if you lived beyond the pale, you were beyond the boundaries of society. And of course diaper pail is a diaper pail. So living beyond the diaper pale means to live beyond the confines of diaper duty :-)
2.15.2008
Living Beyond the Diaper Pale
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love this header. I am interested in checking in to prices for a header for my blog. Please email me at tabatham8@hotmail.com
www.minishfamily.blogspot.com
I know there must be a reason and that I'm missing something, but I'm just wondering....
Isn't it supposed to be ..."diaper PAIL?"
Love the design!!
mickie, i thought the same thing...but i looked it up and i think you can spell it either way. :) (and that is how she spelled it)
love your stuff here. great designs.
Post a Comment